Monday, June 27, 2005

On the Job

Monday, June 27th, 2005 - First day of the next 40 years of my life - the life of an office worker.

Given my pervious office working experience, the first day wasn't too bad actually. Granted I wasn't assigned any work but I think I would enjoy working there. So far, the people sitting around have been really nice - I definitely couldn't ask for more.

Management wise though, the Branch seems a bit disorganized. My manager is leaving this week, and my mentor told me today that he won't be my mentor (so I'm mentor-less). The branch is also moving in a week. Not to mention they were totally unprepared for my arrival. Sure, it has only been a day, but I don't remember my first day being as chaotic when I was next door at PPESB.

So hopefully boredom will not consume me. Gotta stay positive and keep myself busy - or else I will just end up hating the job (and I really don't want that to happen).


No comments: