Monday, December 26, 2005

Where did you go Christmas?

December 26, 2005 - So Christmas has come and gone and I have to say that this Christmas did not feel like Christmas at all...

So why did this Christmas just feel like any other ordinary weekend?

Maybe because it was the first Christmas that my sister isn't around; or maybe it was because I had to (and still have to next week!) work through the holiday season instead of getting 2 weeks off like I used to when I was in school; or maybe it was because many of my friends are on vacation somewhere; or maybe it was because I only had 2 gifts to buy this year and I had skipped out on all the excitement surrounding Christmas shopping...

or maybe I'm beginning to feel that Christmas is becoming more commercialized than ever and I'm starting to get tired of it; or maybe it was because I'm still jealous of everyone who's on vacation and wish I could join them...

or maybe it was because I found out I wasn't invited to one of my friends' Christmas Party and I'm questioning why I wasn't asked, even though I've been friends with these people for over a decade; or maybe it was the realization that some of the people that I call "friends", aren't really my friends all.

So many reasons why this Christmas turned out to be so ordinary. But ordinary isn't bad, right? and who says Christmas can't be ordinary - at least I got to spend a lot of time with my parents! Maybe I should just stop whining...

No comments: