Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Back to School

January 10, 2006 - One of the things that I've noticed after I've moved out is how much free time I have after work. Usually, I would just go home, take a nap, or sit in front of the tv...but believe it or not, I have started to get tired of that. So this term, I decided to do something that I've always enjoyed: go back to school!

Initially I was planning on taking one of those cooking classes offered at the community centre, but since no one wanted to go with me (and I didn't want to take a cooking class by myself), I decided to look at what U of T has to offer and sure enough, I found a course called 19th Century European Architecture.

So having always been interested in buildings and cities, I figured, why not? I could always just sit in and audit the course - without having to worry about tests, midterms, or exams...

Tonight was the first class and it definitely felt weird being back on campus after a couple of months. Things have certainly changed - new buildings have gone up and the kids walking around seem so much younger. My class was huge (as with all undergrad U of T classes) and for the first little bit, I felt a little self-conscious...but as soon as the lecture started, I felt right at ease - and you know in a way it was good to be back in a classroom. Crazy, I know!

The Prof was a little boring but the subject matter was quite interesting (we talked about a couple of buildings in Paris tonight!) and there was this cute guy who sat in the same row as me too - so that helped. =) but like I've said, it just felt good to be back in school!

I just can't seem to stay away from that place eh?


No comments: