Sunday, February 19, 2006

Breakaway

February 19, 2006 - As Kelly Clarkson said (or sung):

I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly/ I'll do what it takes til' I touch the sky
I'll make a wish/ Take a chance/ Make a change/ and breakaway

Sometimes life is about taking that chance, making that change. It's scary, because you're venturing into the unknown. You're out of the comfort zone, out of an environment where you feel safe, where you feel so sure of yourself. But if you're forever stuck in that zone, you will never know what lies beyond - something greater, something better could be waiting for you at the other side - just hoping, and praying that you would take the chance, make that change, and breakaway.

Of course, you have to make sure that breaking away is worth it - as in, it has to make you happy. Life is too short to be unhappy all the time - when you know that something is out there, within reach, that could make you happy, you just have take the opportunity and go for it - i.e. take a chance, make that change, and breakaway.

I guess that's the motto that I have been living on the past couple of years. Like my friend Joyce said, we all just want to be happy - and isn't being happy what life is all about. It's a really scary world out there - you don't know what's going to happen, you don't know if you'll get hurt - but unless you go and venture out of that comfort zone, you might miss out on a lot of good things - things that you could never even possibly imagine.


So thanks Kelly, I will take a chance, make that change, and breakaway =)


No comments: