Wednesday, June 07, 2006

26 Today

June 7, 2006 - And so another year has gone by - today, I'm turning 26 years old.

The number still doesn't resonate with me - 26? wow. I'm officially in my late twenties. In four years, I'll be 30. Scary. Very scary.

Maybe a part of me isn't ready to turn another year older. With old age comes great responsibilities (a knock off of the Spiderman quote - hehe - lamo). But thinking back though, the past year has definitely been a year of "firsts" for me: first job, first apartment, first owned condo - it has been a fun (yet scary) journey and I have learned a lot. It has also been a year of adjustments: somehow I have to get into my head that I'm no longer a kid anymore.

I have noticed how my goals, dreams, and even ideas have slowly changed though. I've started noticing a lot more as to who my real friends are and who aren't (i.e. I've realized that a lot of people I know are somewhat superficial..but that's another blog); what are the things I want in life; and where I want to be in my career in two, five, and even ten years.

Having said all that, I still have a long way to go (well to be comparable to the average 26 year old that is). It's a long journey, but I'm getting there - slowly.

So here's to my big 2-6!

1 comment:

caramaena said...

Happy 26th!