Tuesday, January 30, 2007

No Viva Rock Vegas

January 30, 2007 - So it looks like my Las Vegas trip isn't happening after all. As much as I'd love to go see Vegas and re-visit San Francisco, the truth is that I simply don't want to travel by myself. Initially I thought I could do it - I mean, it's not like I won't be able to speak the language or understand the culture - but after some serious thinking, I know I won't enjoy the trip. Part of the traveling experience is to share that "first time" seeing, experiencing and feeling something new with another person (or persons) - and going alone just doesn't cut it, at least not for me.

So how did I end up in this situation? well when I booked my flights over a year ago, I didn't know my life would take such a big dramatic turn last year. There's a lesson learned right there: don't plan too far in advance, since life does happen. And I tried to get someone else to go with me - but everyone seems to be either busy/broke/or is going away in February as well!

Well I guess it works out for the best too - as my mom says, why spend close to $1000 for a trip that you don't really want to go on anyway, especially given my current financial situation? and she's right about that. That $1000 could be spent wisely on other things - like to pay for new furniture in my future condo!

So now I'm stuck with a ticket to Las Vegas that I probably won't get to use. It's too bad - especially since the ticket was a gift from my grandmother using her air miles. I feel badly about it too. Maybe the airline will let me postpone my ticket - or change my destination?

As for my future vacation plans, well it looks like NYC (again) might be my next calling :)

No comments: