Sunday, January 14, 2007

On the Airport Link

January 14, 2007 - As part of our "Pier F" experience yesterday, B and I also checked out the new monorail system at the airport - the "Link". The Link is an automated, cable-propelled train that links terminal 1 with terminal 3 and the discount parking lot on the edge of the airport.

The stations themselves are pretty cool - bright, spacious, and definitely have that shiny new look (granted they are indeed new). There are digital screens that tell you when exactly the next train will arrive (they run approximately every 2 minutes). The entire station is also enclosed, with doors that line the platform and only open when the train arrives.

The trains are fairly sleek as well, with large windows and automated stop announcement (and the voice sounds nice too, unlike the TTC's). The ride was a little shaky though but nevertheless, still very cool. It was my first monorail experience since Disneyland when I was 11 or 12?

So the whole trial and airport experience was tons of fun =) I have to say that the GTAA did a great job in coordinating the event. We even got a free breakfast (which Bernard flocked to naturally) and a free lunch (I kept dropping chicken pieces all over the floor)! And what better way to spend a cold January Saturday morning than to watch planes take off and land?

So the next time I'll be at the airport should be for my Las Vegas/California trip in February - and that's not even at T1. Boo. Well I guess that just means I will have to wait till my next Europe trip (I hear Greece and Italy calling) to test out Pier F as a real passenger!

Thanks B for an awesome day and oh the capital of Maine is Bangor right?


1 comment:

Bernarrrd said...

"We even got a free breakfast (which Bernard flocked to naturally)"... FLOCKED? lies upon lies upon lies!!! hahaha

hehe... A-gust-a wind is blowing through a lion's mane!!! Augusta, Maine!