Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Night at the TSO

March 27, 2007 - Tonight I had the opportunity to check out the TSO at Roy Thomson Hall. It was my first time at the orchestra since I was in high school. Through this program called tsoundcheck, anyone between the ages of 15-29 can get discount show tickets. Now I have to admit that I'm not very knowledgeable with classical music (despite years of studying music in school and playing the violin), so I decided to pick something that's a bit lighter - and I happened to find a show called: Music from the Hollywood Epics.

The night was fun - all the tunes that the TSO played were fairly recognizable. They even had the storm troopers and Darth Vader greeting the audience before the show (they also marched in when the orchestra was playing the Star Wars theme). For $12, it was definitely very good entertainment.

What bugged me most though was the couple sitting next to me. They kept giggling and laughing throughout the show. And the guy kept playing with his fingers pretending to be the conductor. It was pretty annoying (and they were my age too). Seriously, if you can't sit still for a couple of hours, you really shouldn't be at the orchestra!

No comments: