Sunday, March 25, 2007

The power of Facebook

March 25, 2007 - It's amazing how far technology has evolved these days. It really wasn't that long ago (ok, so maybe 10 years is a long time ago) when I first got introduced to the world of internet. Today, I seriously can't imagine what life would be like without the internet.

The net is also great in keeping in touch too - whether it's through email, or ICQ (remember how big that was?) or Friendster, or MSN - it's a free, easy way to keep in touch with everyone and anyone. The latest (at least to me it's the latest) is this site called Facebook (FB). It works exactly like Friendster, except almost everyone and anyone is on it. I've found everyone from old elementary friends to people at work. I'm sure you could look up Brad Pitt and he'll be on it as well. It's that popular apparently!!

This site is so powerful that not only can you reconnect with old friends, you can also broadcast every intimate detail of your life to everyone =) now i only discovered how powerful FB truly is tonight when I was playing around with the profile options and accidentally made a change. FB picked it up right away and within a couple of hours, I got asked if everything is alright and if I'm ok =S

So lessons learned:

1) Do not play with the profile options unless you know what you're doing
2) I have friends who really do care about my life - for better or for worse (so thanks guys)
3) FB is truly an amazing, powerful tool

So FYI: yes, I'm fine! B's fine too! and we're both doing fine (actually, better than fine I would say!) I have corrected the profile change, so everything is ok now =)

No comments: