Friday, July 20, 2007

Countdown to Harry Potter

July 20, 2007 - The wait is almost over! In about 4 hours, bookstores here in Ontario will open their doors for tens of thousands of Harry Potter fans who have been eagerly waiting for the final book in the Harry Potter series: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. In Toronto, Harry Potter mania is at its peak: the downtown Indigo flagship stores is actually shutting down Bay Street from Bloor to Charles tonight and converting it into Diagon Alley!! Oh man, how cool is that!

If that's not all, Indigo will also have a Knight Bus (yes, THE double decker bus for witches and wizards) and a "trackless" Hogwarts Express Train that will take visitors around. You can also meet Hedwig the Owl, attend Potions class (not taught by Snape I guess - though I wonder if there'll be a lookalike), and visit Gringotts! If I had known earlier, I wouldn't have taken the GO train to Markham tonight! Hopefully someone will post pictures from this online!

The book better be here by the time I wake up tomorrow. Maybe I'll bring the book to Niagara Falls with me. Hmm. My prediction is that Harry does not die - my money is on Neville.

And yeah, the Harry Potter and Order of the Phoenix movie was awesome - definitely one of the better HP films. Gotta love Professor Umbridge - or at least the actress who portrays her in the movie!

3 comments:

Graciee said...

yessssssssssssssss harry potter!!! i didn't get it but i am definitely planning to buy the book~ i hope nobody spoils the ending for me (avoiding forums from now on lol) and yea i do think neville might be one of them... and either ron/hermione i think~~ have a great weekend!

Graciee said...

oh btw... i have no idea how much to bring, now that i know food costs so much >.< what do u think?

Anonymous said...

you lieeeed, u did not bring the book with u!