Sunday, February 24, 2008

Are You Tired of Winter Yet?

February 24, 2008 - I want to rant about winter.

Is it just me or has the month of February just been dragging on, mainly because of the crappy weather that we've been getting?

It's hard enough that the day is still short and it's below -10 for much of the time, but do we have to get one storm after another? I mean, is this our way of paying the price for the warm winters of the previous years? Already, we've had more snow than the past 2 years combined.

Sure, it's great for skiing - but it's hard to get to the resorts if the highways are not accessible (not to mention it's no fun driving in blizzard like conditions). Of course, it looks like I might miss out on skiing this season once again - this time, due to my prolonged cold-turned-asthma-turned bronchitis.

I'm so tired of walking on uncleared sidewalks, trying to cross brown slushy streets (especially around intersections), and wiping the white salt mark on my shoes. Sure, I don't have to shovel snow on a regular basis, but trust me, I do my fair share when I'm in Markham on the weekends.

Now, I know I live in Canada and winters here are supposed to be long and brutal. But have we not suffered enough already? How much longer will it be till I see some sign of spring?

So yeah, I don't know if I can keep my sanity much longer if this winter drags on. If anyone wants to hop on a plane and go to someplace warm, let me know and I am so so there (provided you pay for my ticket and accommodation of course!).

[as I'm writing this, the Weather Network is predicting 15 cm of snow for Tuesday with yet another storm later on in the week.]

No comments: