Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The 2008 TTC Subway Map

June 24, 2008 - I first saw these maps on the subway over the weekend. Initially I thought my eyes were playing tricks since the map looks blurry and unreadable to me (it was right after my CADD class afterall). It wasn't until I read this blog that I found out that the map that I had seen was actually the 2008 version of the subway map, complete with a new font that bleeds into the background, making the map really hard to read. What were they thinking? or should I not even be surprised anymore.

Also, with regard to having the station addresses on the map, who in the world would care that Rosedale Station is actually at 7 Crescent Road? If the map is supposed to help people find an address (which I don't recommend, since the subway map is crap), wouldn't it make sense to locate the Station with a Yonge Street address, since the subway runs along (gasp!) Yonge Street?

No comments: