Thursday, August 21, 2008

Am I Moving to Vancouver?

August 21, 2008 - As some of you know, I have been applying for jobs for months now. My theory is that it never hurts to see what's out there, cause you never know what could happen. So to my surprise, on Monday, I got a call from TransLink, the regional transit authority in Vancouver, asking me to do a phone interview with them for a Transit Planner position!!

To say I was shocked is an understatement, given the fact that I have applied to out of province (and out of the country) jobs a number of times and have never gotten an interview. To have the opportunity to interview for what sounds like my dream job in my dream city is really truly unbelievable.

Of course, even if I do get the job (and I don't think I will based on my interview today), it's not like I will take it. Yeah, it's great to imagine how cool it would be to move to Vancouver, but really, am I willing to give up everything that I have now and start fresh in another city? I think the answer, at this point is no.

Oh well. At least I tried!

1 comment:

Bernarrrd said...

pay cuts aren't cool