Thursday, June 09, 2005

More Post-Birthday Thoughts

June 9th, 2005 - More post-birthday and graduation thoughts. First, I feel like a hypocrite now since in my past 2 posts I have already gone on and on about how birthdays aren't a big deal - but yet this is my 3rd post on the matter ! argh...but I just thought it would be cool to write down what I've been doing the past couple of days as part of my "birthday plans":

Tuesday: So yes, as mentioned, I had dinner with Jason. We went to a bar-type restaurant near his apartment and then we went to see Madagascar. The movie was pretty disappointing - the plot was horrible (there wasn't really one - no climax in the story at all) and the animation were only half decent. The jokes weren't all that great either. Jason got me 2 cds as presents: a Sum 41 cd (he said it was very hard for him to pick it up and actually pay for it) and also a best of Jimi Hendrix cd, so I could be educated about "music". He was totally surprised when I mentioned that I'm not familiar with Jimi Hendrix at all when we were talking about the Music Project building in Seattle (the building was designed and built based on Hendrix' music, i.e. Purple Haze and so on).

Wednesday: I managed to wake up early ! Jason and I both left the apartment at a decent time though I didn't get home till 10 am (we left at 8). I had to tutor later in the afternoon and then it was off to dinner with Freeman, the Amys, Ray, and Carina (a butchy lesbian friend from high school !). It was nice seeing them, esp. Ray and Amy since I haven't seen them in awhile (same with Carina but I don't know her that well). Freeman and I got to talk about his apartment hunt - he's pretty picky himself. The two of us still have underlying issues to talk about - I think he knows it too - and I've also been thinking of having him meet Jason...anyway, the gang got me a GAP gift card - though I was surprised that Amy/Ray didn't have a present ready ! Not that I expect one of course...but usually they are really good with that kind of stuff..hmm...and oh, my friend Ruth also sent me a birthday card - she's really good with remembering things like that !

Thursday: Thursday (today) was Eddie's day. We had dinner at Il Fornello (I thought it was Il Postino - i.e. the horrible Kevin Costner movie) and we went to Demetre (where I bumped into a former student waitressing - another sign of old age perhaps ?). It was good hanging out with him again - I was a bit embarrassed that I couldn't even finish my pizza (thanks to Grandma's noodles just hours before the dinner). Eddie said he's going to take me shopping so he could buy me clothes (Is my closet really that bad ? geez...).

Upcoming weekend: This week seems to have flown by, because tomorrow Jason and I are heading out of town for the weekend ! yay ! it should be fun and I can't wait =)

So yes, my overall birthday wrap-up: definitely quiet but really nice as well - just the way I like it. The only downfall I guess is the lack of recognition of the day from my own family. Besides grandma (who at least gave me a red-pocket envelope) and my sister (who now owes me a cell phone face plate), my parents haven't shown any emotions at all towards it. I guess it's somewhat disappointing - but not surprising at all...Though not even a red pocket, mom ? (no, it's not about the money, but a little of recognition would be kinda nice too - especially from my own family....)

No comments: