Wednesday, September 07, 2005

The Viva Experience - Part 2

September 7th, 2005 - I had the opportunity to try the Viva system again. Tonight, I tried the purple Highway 7 route and I was mighty impressed.

The Blue Yonge route was still very slow tonight, mainly due to the heavy traffic on Yonge Street. When I got to Richmond Hill Centre station, I was pretty tired and was not happy to see that I had just missed a Purple Viva bus.

The electronic sign says the next bus will arrive in 3 minutes. Sure enough, 3 minutes later, the bus arrived. I was impressed (experiences have told me to never trust bus schedules 100%). The purple Viva bus was smaller than the ones that run on Yonge Street, but just as comfortable and smooth. The ride from Yonge to Leslie took 5 minutes, much faster than the regular Route 1 Highway 7 bus.

So far my Viva experiences have been nothing but positive. Hopefully others will also give the system a try...

No comments: