Sunday, October 30, 2005

Last Day, First Night

Sunday, October 30 - Tonight marks the first night I'll be living on my own. I guess you could say it's the beginning of a whole new life !

So this weekend, my parents helped me settle in by bringing the rest of my stuff from home. (By the way, packing was hard because I wasn't going to bring everything with me - since I will still go home every weekend - so I had to divide everything into twos). Anyway, they cleaned, washed, bleached pretty much every part of the apartment. I also re-sprayed the place and helped my dad bug-proof it by sealing up some of the bigger cracks and gaps in the walls and ceilings. I made a mental note to buy a cocking gun this week to seal up some of the smaller cracks on my own.

Bug situation: still see them - more disturbing are the ones that we've seen inside the kitchen cabinets. That's just gross. So my mom and I will have to bug-prof our kitchen, meaning all food will be in sealed containers. All dishes will be covered and will be rinsed before using, and I think I might even use the fridge for storage (since roaches cannot tolerate cold temperature).

My last day at home was pretty standard though - I didn't feel like I'm going to miss it, considering I'm not moving that far away...but who knows, we'll see what happens after a week.

Aside from the bug situation, and the fact that my apartment STILL smells like paint, I really like the idea of having my own place. It definitely feels grown up. Let's hope I'll be able to wake up on time to go to work tomrrow...

So this is it - Day 1 of the rest of my life !

No comments: