Friday, October 28, 2005

Moving Day !

Friday, October 28 - Today was the big day - moving day !!!

After calling in sick at work, I did some last minute packing and got ready for the movers to come and pick up my stuff. The plan was to have them pick up stuff from my house with my mom being at home, while I meet the movers at Yonge & Eg. So at 2 p.m., I was already standing outside my building, waiting for the movers to deliver my stuff.

The move went smoothly. At the beginning I was panicking, mainly because the lady who booked the elevator and cargo area before me was still moving when my truck arrived. We had to wait half an hour for them to finish - during which I kept worrying that I will have to pay extra (because the truck was only covered till 4 p.m.). I also had problems with the cargo elevator - but the lady at the rental office was very nice and helped me out a great deal, so that was good.

Today was also the first day I've seen the apartment after they've sprayed it. I didn't smell any pesticide, but my mom said that most professional pest control companies would not use smelly pesticide as it's toxic...I did see a few dead small bugs though, so hopefully the spraying did the trick.

The actually move itself went really smoothly. The whole process took maybe 10-15 minutes. But then again, I really didn't have too much stuff.

So this weekend, my parents will come and help me settle in. I'm pretty sure we'll still see bugs (chills...) but because I couldn't take time off from tutoring (I took last weekend off thinking that was the weekend I'll be moving), I won't have be sleeping in the unit till Sunday night...

So I guess this is it - it's actually happening ! I've officially moved out ! woo-hoo

No comments: