Friday, February 03, 2006

And the week goes by...

February 3, 2006 - This week couldn't have gone by fast enough. Even though I had a relatively short work week (I called in sick on Monday), it felt like it just would not end. I guess it didn't help that things have been kinda weird lately and then on Thursday morning, my mom called to tell me that my sister's in the hospital! So let's do a quick recap of what happened...

Monday: It was nice spending a day in the apartment doing nothing. Sure I was suffering from killer headaches, but it was great just sitting around, watching tv, surfing the web. You're probably thinking: that's what you do everyday though, Felix! it's true, but it feels so different when you're doing it DURING THE DAY, when you know you're supposed to be at work.

Tuesday: Things are getting better with regards to the things that I was going through (re: last blog). It really helped that I was able to talk about it and it also helped that I had some time to think it through. I think I'm feeling much better now and I think the issues have been settled...

Wednesday: Even though I was away on Monday, work has been unusually slow this week for some reason. I spent most of today just sitting around, reading reports that weren't really useful nor important. I have a feeling I'll pay for this though...

Thursday: So my mom woke me up at 7 am this morning to let me know my sister was rushed to the ER last night. Apparently the flu virus got into her heart and was causing her heart to beat at an abnormally rapid pace. It was even scarier when she told me that the doctor had tried 2 different types of drugs and both of them have failed to lower her heart rate and her fever. When she called, they were still waiting for the cardiologist to show up (gotta love our waiting times at the hospital). Eventually though, the cardiologist showed up, ran a whole bunch of tests on my sister, and sent her home (after of course giving her this other drug which eventually lowered her heart rate and fever). But it was scary - since I was totally out of the loop and I felt like there was nothing I could do. I did offer to go back up to Markham to see them, but my parents said I wouldn't be of much help anyway (which is true). They did call me with updates though, so that was good. But still, it was definitely scary.

Friday: So today's finally Friday. I decided to go home early to see my sister. It was nice to see she's doing ok. It also made me think: despite, how much she annoys me on a regular basis, I think we really do care for each other. And now that I've moved out and we don't see each other as often, our relationship has even improved - as in we're more civil to each other than we ever have been. It's nice actually. hmm..does that mean we've finally grown up?


No comments: