Monday, March 06, 2006

Monday Blues

March 6, 2006 - Have you ever had days when you wish you could just stay in bed, maybe forever?

Today was definitely was one of those days. It was hard enough to just lift my head off my pillow, let alone physically get out of bed. Each time my alarm clock rang, I felt like smashing it into pieces (needless to say, I have broken quite a few in my lifetime). It was just one of those days when I wish I could just skip and stay in bed.

If only I could do that. At least when I was in school, I could always skip class and sleep in whenever I feel like it. With work, you can't do that anymore. There are responsibilities, deadlines, reports to managers. No matter how much you want to pick up the phone and pretend you have a cough while talking to the secretary, the thought of losing yet another of your sick days (or worst yet, your vacation days) is enough to put that thought quickly behind you.

I'm probably just ranting about nothing. Going to work, even when you don't feel like (and really, who feels like going to work all the time? even if you have a cool job that you like, there are still days when you just don't feel like going...) is part of growing up, part of being responsible, part of being an adult.

So yet another long Monday and seriously, I'm starting to feel a little burned out. Maybe I'm just getting a little restless at work (or maybe it's because I'm tired of dealing with other people's crisis and issues when I already have so much of my own stuff to deal with). I think I will take Friday off and just enjoy a long weekend. At least I can look forward to going to the AGO with Jason =)

So 3 more days to go. I can do it.

No comments: