Saturday, October 21, 2006

The Grudge 2


October 21, 2006 - So unexpectedly, tonight I went to see The Grudge 2. I didn't want to see the movie in the first place, knowing how poorly the reviews were for the movie and how stupid I thought the first one was (I laughed throughout that one - even when it was supposed to be scary). But when my sister told me she's going to see it, our conversation turned interesting:

Sister: didn't you hear Edison Chen is in the Grudge 2?

Me: Edison Chen? the actor/singer/rapper wannabe? since when did he start making Hollywood movies?
Sister: I know!
Me: hmm, I don't know. I heard the movie sucks though.

Sister: But Edison Chen is in it!
Me: hmm, ok, I'll go! but only because I want to spend time with you.
Sister: Whatever, you just want to see Edison Chen.


And she's right. I think I'm secretly an Edison Chen fan. I have his albums, I've seen half a dozen of his movies (including Internal Affairs or as America knows it, the Departed, in which he played the Matt Damon role), and I even learned lyrics to his songs so I can sing them at karaoke (as you may or may not know, I can't read Chinese that well, so I have to memorize the song before I feel comfortable singing it in front of my friends). But then again, what's there not to like? Aside from the fact that he's cocky and the fact that he can't really sing - who can deny the fact that he's pretty hot. Those eyes! those dimples!


Edison is in pretty much two-thirds of the movie - he plays a reporter who has been tracking the Grudge story. Not the greatest performance ever but he was decent enough I guess. There was no language problem, given his first language is English anyway. He was definitely good to look at though.

The movie itself was crap - even worst than I thought. It wasn't scary and wasn't even funny. Definitely one of the worst movies I've seen all year - and that's even with Edison in it.

So that's my Edison blog for this year. Apparently he's going to be in more Hollywood films next year. Hmm. As to what else he's been up to, here's what he said on the red carpet at the premiere of the movie.

No comments: