Sunday, June 10, 2007

How I nearly died at Wonderland

June 10, 2007 - So as I mentioned in my previous post, after 10 years of avoiding Wonderland, I finally went this weekend! Now I haven't purposely avoided Wonderland per se - it was more like I was never really interested. This is partly because I'm EXTREMELY TERRIFIED of height, thrill rides and roller coasters. I just don't like that feeling of being flung by machines - it's just so scary =(

So when B asked if I'm interested, I was a bit hesitant at first - given I know I probably would not want to go on most rides. But I figured hey, if little kids can do it - I can totally do it. But nope, I was wrong. The first ride I went on,
the Spinovator, is supposed to be like riding the tea cups at Disneyland (only faster and on a slanted floor). Anyway, I FREAKED OUT on the ride - I screamed, yelled, cried, begged for it to stop. I felt like I was going to fall out of the basket and die right there. It was actually really pathetic and thinking back, I'm kinda embarrassed about it. The next ride was the Rage - the pirate ship. I was THIS CLOSE to getting off the ride before the ride started. The hyperventilation did not help either - I felt like I was going to pass out when the safety bar was lowered. Having said that though, the ride turned out to be really mild and all the freaking out was for nothing.

So after those two freakish experiences, we split up for a bit - Jenny took me to Hanna Barbara land where we went on the only kiddie ride that we were allowed on (boo - that's height discrimination I tell you) while B and Grace went on one of those crazy roller coasters. We met up afterwards for a really expensive and disgusting lunch, and then off to more rides that I could handle (the water ones, The Italian Job, Swings, Thunder Run and Bumper Cars). I also went on that Sponge Bob motion ride by myself - it was actually kinda cool, even though I'm not a big fan of Sponge Bob myself (it's kinda creepy actually).

I also played the Fool-the-Guesser game, where you pay 5 bucks and have the person guess your age, within 2 years. I've played that a couple of times, and of course I won each time. This time, the girl guessed I was 23, and was pretty shocked when I told her I just turned 27. I won this ugly orange Wonderland dog, which B refuses to put in his room. =(

So overall, I still had lots of fun. The funnel cake was good - though expensive and the strawberries tasted kinda funny. We also played this game called 20 questions, which seems to go on forever. And yeah, that's pretty much my Wonderland story. I feel bad that I wasn't cool enough (or as B nicely put it "man" enough) to go on the real rides =( maybe next year, we can start with the level 4 ones again. And in the meantime, I guess I'll let my 27 yr old body recover (sigh...so sad).

On a side note, can I just say how I was shocked by all these housing developments along Rutherford and Major Mackenzie Dr in Vaughan? There are so many new subdivisions in the area that the houses seem to stretch on forever!

1 comment:

Bernarrrd said...

I did not say that!!! No putting words in my mouth, mister!!! =(