Thursday, June 07, 2007

Turning 27

June 7 - 10, 2007 - I honestly wasn't planning on blogging about my birthday this year, given how I'm really not a birthday person. Having said that though, I have to say this year is probably one of the best ever - having a great group of friends and an amazing boyfriend to celebrate (?) my big 2-7 with me certainly helped. So yeah, here's my annual, hypocritical birthday blog.

June 7: Cheesecake and Subway Buttons


I got to spend my actual birthday with B (much thanks to Alaska!). I came home from work to find a nicely decorated cheesecake with a generous amount of icing on it. Apparently B was planning on baking a cake, but he ran out of time and had to simply buy a cake and decorate it. It was still nice - I don't think anyone has ever baked and/or decorated a cake for me!! The cake was a bit sweet, but it was still very tasty :) and yeah, it would eventually take us a whole week to finish the cake.

B also made me dinner - it was SPAM with 3 different kinds of pepper - hahaha. I haven't had SPAM in a while, so it was all good. We watched The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - apparently he has been wanting to watch that for awhile.

B then surprised me with a half-complete set of the TTC subway buttons from Spacing magazine. It was kinda funny - we were talking about the buttons just earlier that night. Anyway, turns out he got them at the architecture bookstore and didn't know you could order the whole set from Spacing until a couple of days ago. Still super cool though - we have about 30 more buttons to go to finish the whole set, so if we buy a new one each year (like he suggested), I'll be 60 years old when the whole set is complete!

June 8: Lions and tigers and bears, oh my!


We went to the zoo today! I haven't been there in a few years - and B hasn't been there since elementary school. Anyway, it was a really really hot day - and the zoo was packed with a million school kids. We saw pretty much all the animals we wanted to see, including the giraffes!! At the giraffe exhibit, we saw a whole bunch of kids who said they were born in 1999 - that really made us feel old (I was already in my first year of university in 1999 - sigh). We also saw snakes - which freaked Bernard out a bit (though he kept wanting to see them?). Anyway the zoo was loads of fun - though a bit expensive - but we both got a nice tan out of it though!

We then joined Queenie and Jenny for karaoke, dinner and Shrek 3. Queenie had just came back from Europe, so we chatted about her trip quite a bit (so jealous). Can't wait to see her pictures either!

June 9: Nearly died in Wonderland


Grace, Jenny, B and I went to Wonderland today!! holy crap!! I'll save that for another blog.


June 10: Of friends and family

My high school friends surprised me with a nice lunch at Milestone's. I wasn't expecting so many of them to show up - so that was super nice. My friends Amy and Ray had just came back from their honeymoon to Italy and Greece, so we talked about that quite a bit. It's really nice to just have a couple of days revolve around you I guess! A part of me also can't believe that I've celebrated more than 15 previous birthdays with these people already. As for gifts, I got a new set of dishes/cutlery from Freeman - I think that's his way of saying "stop borrowing my dishes/kitchen utensils, you cheap-ass! here's some new ones!"

I also had a nice dinner with my parents - they gave me a nice new tie (now I just have to learn how to tie it) and my sister gave me a nice shirt from American Eagle. Nothing special, just a quiet night at home with the folks.

And there you have it, my 27th. What made this year special was I got to spend it with everyone that I like and enjoy hanging out with. A big thank you to everyone for remembering my b-day and for taking the time (and money) out to celebrate it with me. :D

2 comments:

Bernarrrd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bernarrrd said...

"I have to say this year is probably one of the best ever - having a great group of friends and an amazing boyfriend to celebrate (?) my big 2-7 with me certainly helped."

What does that (?) mean? =S

Happy Birthday Hunnie Bunnie (HBHB) =)