Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year's Eve 2007

December 31, 2007 - Is it just me, or did 2007 go by rather quickly? Here I am, writing my annual "year-in-review" post and it still doesn't strike me that in a few years, we'll be welcoming 2008. In yet anothertwist, I am staying home yet again tonight, not because I have no plans, but because I have a massive cold. Boo.

Anyway, let's look back at 2007 and see if I have accomplished everything that I set out to do around this time last year (taken from last year's post):

1. Move on from all that has happened in '06, learn from what happened, work on my own issues and enjoy '07 as a fresh start (that's a mouthful right there).
- Done, that actually didn't take too long...

2. Be a better friend and make better effort to (re)connect with friends.
- Well, I'd like to think I accomplished that, but that's for my friends to decide I guess.

3. Take a class (cooking class anyone?).
- I took an architecture class with B for a few weeks in the summer, does that count?

4. Start running again/go back to the gym.
- err

5. Learn to use my camera better/take more pictures.
- I do use my camera a lot more now than before, and I won third at the Markham Fair Photography Contest! yay!

6. Write an article for the Planners Journal.
- I didn't write an article for the OPPI Journal, but my paper on greenbelts as a planning tool was published in the Journal of Environmental Policy Planning

7. Go skiing in January/February.
- still waiting to do that

8. Buy Wii for my birthday.
- bought one even before my birthday!

9. Get a new cell phone - hopefully soon :S
- got a new one this summer

10. Be a bit more generous to myself (and to others too) - aka stop being so cheap felix!!!
- I think I bought more stuff for myself this past year than in the past three years combined

11. Go to work earlier (and not work so late?).
- there were days when I was at work before 8:30, so that should count

12. Travel whenever I can.
- went to NYC, Vegas, LA and San Diego this year, not too bad all things considered...

That's not too bad - 10 out 12. As for 2008, once I've figured out what I want to accomplish this upcoming year, I will blog about that. 2008 though, looks to be a year filled with many exciting and scary changes (my condo!).

Here's to 2008!

No comments: