Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Battle with the flu

November 16, 2005 - It sucks being sick, but it's worst when you're alone.

On Sunday night, I felt sick for the first (and hopefully the last time) time this flu season. I knew I wasn't feeling 100% even in the afternoon, but I kept thinking that I could sleep it off in my apartment. When I got home that night, my conditions got worst - the point where I couldn't move and I had to wear layers of clothing just to stay warm. I also knew I have a high fever, judging my how warm I feel (while getting chills at the same time) and how my head felt like it was going to explode.

Struggling to even grab a cup of water from the kitchen, I finally had enough and called home. Mom came and picked me up. It was then I realized how difficult it is to be sick and alone. I don't know how some people do it - it's definitely not a fun experience.

So back up to Markham I went, where I spent three days fighting my fever and struggling to get my health back. It was sooooo nice to have mom around to bring me soup and water and to remind me to take my pills every 4 hours...

I'm such a baby eh...sigh...but at least I'm back on my feet now =)

No comments: