Thursday, November 17, 2005

I'm a Hufflepuff ?

November 17, 2005 - My friend Adriana and I were talking about the upcoming Harry Potter film and she mentioned that there's an online sorting-hat test that can determine which four of the Hogwarts Houses you belong to. Of course, I had to try it out myself to see whether I'm a Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, or worse, a Slytherin (Adriana is a Slytherin !).

After completing a somewhat silly test, the answer came to be...you guessed it, I'm a Hufflepuff.


So who are the Hufflepuffs you might ask? well read below !! (apparently, there's an entire website devoted to Hufflepuffs everywhere called Hufflepuffs Pride...sary eh ?)

Head of House: Professor Pomona Sprout, Herbology
House founder: Helga Hufflepuff
Mascot: Badger
Colours: Yellow and Black
Sorting Hat Description: These belong in Hufflepuff, where they are just and loyal; those patient Hufflepuffs are true and unafraid of toil.

Famous Hufflepuffs:

Cedric Diggory (picture above), Tri-wizard Tournament Champion, Captain and seeker of the Quidditch team
Hannah Abbott, Prefect
Ernie Macmillan, Prefect
Zacharias Smith, he was in Dumbledore's Army
Justin Finch-Fletchley, he was petrified in HP and Chamber of Secrets
Susan Bones, her aunt worked for the Ministry of Magic until she was killed by You-Know-Who

So there you go - the Hufflepuffs might be a bit boring, but if I can be in the same house as that dreamy Cedric Diggory, then I'm ok with that. Yes I know, he's a fictional character.

Here's another FYI for non-Harry Potter fans. The entire Harry Potter series takes place in the early to mid 90s. According to clues in the books, Harry Potter was born in 1980, meaning he's the same age as I am. So characters like Cedric, Cho Chang, Percy Weasley are all older than me !

So try the Sorting House test and let me know which house you belong to ! Here are the links to a couple of them:

http://www.thealmightyguru.com/reviews/harrypotter/docs/quiz-house.html

http://www.personalitylab.org/tests/ccq_hogwarts.htm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nymphadora Tonks was a hufflepuff.. can not leave her out