Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Do I know it's Christmas afterall?

December 20, 2006 - As much as I try to ignore it, the signs of Christmas seem to have noticeably gotten stronger over the past few days. I mean it makes sense, given Christmas is only a few days away. It's not that I'm trying to skip Christmas this year, it's just that I'm not really in the mood to celebrate. It still just feels like every other day to me.

Even Christmas shopping didn't particularly excite me - and I didn't even have to spend any of my own money (thanks to my collection of gift cards). The mall was packed, the line ups were long, and the shopping felt more like a chore. What happened to the good old days when Christmas shopping was one of the highlights of the holiday season? And to top it off, I'm STILL not done. I better get my act together over the couple of days.

As for my lack of Christmas spirit? maybe going home will help. I guess I can always just sit in front of my parents' Christmas tree and stare. I can't remember the last time I looked so forward to going back to Markham!


No comments: