Monday, February 12, 2007

Ripped from the Headlines 2

February 12, 2007 - More headlines from news websites (this time though, they aren't really planning-related):

Woman Lost for 25 Years after Catching Wrong Bus

Talk about a bad detour - and I thought our transit system can be pretty difficult to navigate!

The Sexiest Jobs of 2007
Sure, firemen are hot - but I would say architects are definitely sexier :) - and no, planners did not make the list, but we did make it for another list (see next article).

And oh, you can vote for the sexiest job here. I know you're all dying to do it. :)

America's 10 hottest jobs for 2007
I read about this from my friend Matt's website - go planners! It's about time!

College: Wikipedia not source for papers
Well back in my TA days, I used to dock my students marks for using Wikipedia as their source. Funny how these days, Wikipedia has become a great source for my own work-related research - though of course I take everything that I read in there lightly (seriously!).

No comments: