Saturday, February 10, 2007

Why Sesame Street rocks!

February 10, 2007 - Leave it to Sesame Street to introduce social and urban issues to the younger generation. Check out this video on the New York City subway from the 70s (first posted on Spacing Wire - you can also watch other Sesame Street public transit related clips on the site). For many kids, this was probably the closest they could get to riding the subway. The video is also brutally honest (and would probably be banned today) and extremely funny (check out Bert telling the old lady off for bumping into him!). I have to admit I was singing along after watching it a few times.

In case you missed what some of the muppets were singing:

Ahhh my stop just went by!
Ahhh you bumped right into my eye(?)!
Ahhh so hot I could die!!!

You could lose your purse or you might lose something worse!
On the SUB-WAY! SUB-WAY!

2 comments:

Bernarrrd said...

and this is how you know when someone is obsessed with their job!!! LOL

felix said...

I'm not the only one obsessed!! You were singing along with me :)