Saturday, April 28, 2007

Weee for Wii!

April 28, 2007 - I've never really been a big fan of video games. I mean, they are fun and all, but I was never addicted to them like most of guy friends were when I was growing up. So when the Wii came out last year, I didn't really understand what the hype was about.

And then I got the chance to play over the Christmas break - and BAM, I was hooked.

The Wii is not just your typical video game - it's an interactive/workout machine/anger management receptor all rolled into one. The fact that it requires you to move physically makes it different than any other video game unit out there. Think you need to lose a few pounds? try Wii sports! Think you can cook? there's Cooking Mama; Want to unleash some of your hidden anger? there's always Rayman, where you can kill bunnies with a toilet plunger =)

So I bought the Wii back in early March and so far I have to say, despite the large price tag, it has been a great investment. Though I don't get to play as much as I want to, it's still tons of fun every time (my arms still hurt after playing tennis each time though). What's great is the wii is also very easy to play and it's often hilarious to see people new to Wii attempting their first try (*cough Bernard cough*). I also want to announce that my Mii (the video game version of myself) is really really hot and any female or gay Miis out there should look him up.

This Wii phenomenon doesn't look like it will end anytime soon. The Wii console is still sold out pretty much everywhere (stories of people lining up outside stores at 5am on shipment days are true) and wii-motes and nunchuks are still hard to find. I personally need 2 more nunchuks, so if anyone knows where I can buy them, let me know!

1 comment:

Bernarrrd said...

You forgot to mention the cows!!! Milking can be a lot of fun =D

"What's great is the wii is also very easy to play"... I BEG TO DIFFER!!! And HEY, I'm an awesome wii player... and just because I'm not good at staying inside the lines, doesn't prove otherwise!

I like your Mii... you should post up a picture of him!